Whoa whoa! YANKEES!
I fell asleep during the 5th inning last night and woke up in the 12th. And watched one of the greatest games of baseball EVER. I did a little dance at the end, too.
and the Yankees f'ing won. so yeah. GO US!
I loved watching the Yankees with my dad when he was still here, so now I feel like he's sitting with me when I watch the games- when spectacular things happen- I like to imagine that my father had a hand in it somehow to keep my spirits up and going. And to be inspired to keep going. That's just my kooky brain.
This season has become quite the parallel to the chemo in the most bizarre way, I do have to say.
GO YANKS.
This is no easy road for anyone, this chemo stuff. Regardless of how good someone might look or appear- this digs to the dregs of anyone taking this drug. I don't care who you are, it sucks.
Takes your insides and just mixes them up all toxic like and it's a crapshoot from there.
You just never know.
I am less tired today, but I still feel like crap. Mark kinda pushed me to go outside and I'm glad he did, but it still takes so much out.
I did manage to get to the last farmer's market of the season (sniff sniff :*( ), out to the halloween store to return 2 wigs (Spirit Halloween stores have crappy goods. and even crappier wigs.), and to Staples to get some stuff so we can hook the interwebs up to the idiot box. I got outside! I did! Yay!
Melody we found is absolutely terrified-- TERRIFIED -- of the Halloween store. I'm just glad that her crazy chemo'd out bald mother doesn't scare her as much as the rubber zombie mannequin with light up eyes in an electric chair.
I am terrified of Staples because of the amount of money it costs just to get Netflix to appear on the television.
When I get upset and all egotistical and woe is me sometimes, I think of those who don't have it as lucky as I do. And it snaps me out.
So there.
Physically- this just sucks though. And miles to go before I sleep.
(I don't sleep anymore.)
2 comments:
if i had a nickel for every time i heard "well you look great!" grrr!! only once or twice did i reply "good! 'cause i feel like crap!!!" (and not to anyone that i liked, lol) i know they meant well, but.
you're getting so close to done with this chemo crap. just a few more weeks and some aftermath and you'll be ready to take on the next hurdle. and things are working, and getting smaller, and i'm just so thrilled for all those things for you.
thinking of you every day, keep onward!! love to you!! <3 xo
thank you miss kind <3 ;)
Almost there- and I thank you for holding my hand through this through the interwebs and your heart.... xo It means so much~
2013- you and me! we are gonna dance it UP in Bridgeport!!! ALMOST THERE!
thank you!!!
xo
Post a Comment