9.26.2012

the lasty nasties.





DAY127


Pretty uneventful chemo yesterday- My mom took Melody anyway and Mark headed through the pines with me this week.
Phyllis was telling me that this is the last of it all- and all the months of chemo has collected into the bottom of the well and this is what I got.
So my immune system is hanging on very bravely with a vengeance, as are my red blood cells that are the cause to my tired.
My mom was right- there is no day or night anymore.
I have such trouble sleeping- especially in the days after chemo with I'm all methed out on decadron the heady steroid.
Today is usually the good day but I'm kinda figuring I won't have those anymore and I just need to emerge gently from the waves after October 8th's last hurrah....the last chemo.

Still going to take it easy- I have a 2 day getaway I'm looking forward to and an end to the nurses sticking me with IV needles.
Yesterday it took them 4 sticks and 2 nurses before they got a vein in my hand.
I am hanging in there.
I feel like I am getting sick- probably what my mom had.
sore throat - uck. I need to rock some tea.
Work days are getting shorter too. I'm leaving my business right before Christmas hits. Our busiest season.
It's a little stressful making sure the work is going to be taken care of when I am really gone- this is not like when I was 9 months pregnant and lived right down the road and stopped in. I'll be out. And this Virgo is having a hard time letting go and being comfortable with things going on ok after I leave.
eek! Another worry.
I need to stop worrying. It'll be ok.
It will be ok. I have an excellent replacement.

Main breast tumor with
censor pixelated. because this is a family blog.
See the other 3 revolving
in its largeness.
May 2012
The Armpit Shitshow &
Lymph Node Circus
circa may 2012
Surgery time is coming fast and I am grateful I have had months to prepare. Most breast cancer patients have the surgery first. I can't imagine being thrust into that off the bat.
The downside is walking around with the Armpit Shitshow and her 4 mothers this whole time inside me.
It's a little unnerving thinking that for 4 weeks- these tumors won't have chemo to fight them. a whole month!

I hope they stay put.
Going from 5 cm to .5 is pretty cool and should stay that way...We want to see a shitshow with no one left to tell any tales..... Victory will be mine.

Have a great evening folks~


xo
b

1 comment:

b said...

Those pics are surreal. Madness. Really. November fast approaching. You got this sistah. Miss ya :(

Post a Comment