What a shift.
Which proves this truly is a box of chocolates. I got a good one yesterday- the kind with the crunchy heath bar and peanut butter center. Probably the most energy I have every had out of any chemo day so far.
I woke up still kind of icky and trying to shake off Thursday. I felt it all through Friday.
Saturday I woke up and was all "POW! I'm gonna sew those hexagons all together finally!"
I had been dreaming of making it into a skirt- and damn- I did. In 3 hours, and using no pins, I sewed myself the most fabulous little miniskirt out of hexagons.
And you feel good when you accomplish something like that- something that I haven't done in a long time. Years.
I had me a new skirt and I was ready to head out to Kempton, PA for the Pinnacle Jam festival my husband was playing at. I love the place in Kempton- the land is awesome- the venue is just great and gorgeous land. I hope to get back there next summer when I get back into vending.
Beth was there with my birthday gift of a top hat. I have wanted a top hat since I was 10 years old- I remember seeing Davy Jones on a Monkees rerun episode. He was wearing one with a striped shirt (which I have a love for as well) and I just thought it looked great.
I finally own a top hat now! yay!
I put on some of the most fabulous shimmer and sparkle eyeshadow- totally went overboard- rocked an aqua wig and had a really good time.
A great time. I felt so good just rocking it and I danced. with sunglasses, a wig and top hat. and boots. and danced ....and eventually landed in the front seat of the van and pretty much passed out, coming home at 4am.
I'm paying for it today with the next day leg pain + bone pain and hobbling all over like a shaking lady- but hot damn- it felt good to be Miss America for an evening. At least in my head.
After watching the fire dancing last night- I decided I really want to learn that too.
So when I get better- I'm adding "Learn fire stuff" to my list.
The list is growing.
Taxol 9 tomorrow. Mom is coming with me and I need to start hydrating. stat.
xo

1 comment:
Just YAY. Lots and lots of loud YAY!!!
XOXO
Post a Comment