9.24.2012

the edge, the edge, the edge the edge the edge the edge THE EDGE.....



DAY125


I had to find at least a version with Clarence in it. His last live performance <3 (((Big man)))
Feel free to have these little musical vignettes serve as soundtracks for each post- I try to pick them to go with my daily ramblings to accompany the post like wine to cheese.

Anyway-
I wasn't used to coming into work on a Monday- that's usually been reserved for chemo  but this week we're kicking it on a Tuesday. I got some work done but dragged myself around today the best I could. Still soooo tired.

My mother is nasty sick so here's to hoping she feels better I won't have to drive myself tomorrow.
Someone needs to mind the babies.

I finally figured out the reason for my crazy exhaustion.
Low counts.
I get my LabCorp results when my oncologist retrieves the results- I guess he did it this morning because I got the weekly alert in my email today.
Shit! I was doing SO WELL. they were actually on the upswing-
WBC count is 3.5 (Normal is 11 and up) right now.... the biggest gap from one appt. to the next  since I started chemo. Weekly we kept dropping .1 every week- then I started on the Turkey Tail and the numbers stopped, then bumped a little back up.
Now we are back down. by .3 from last week.
Ugh.
They don't give you chemo if you go under 3.
I was doing so good!
eek!
I have just been lying down.
I got a good 6.5 hours of work in today. Crashed hard at 1:30. Home I went.
They told me this would happen at the end- the end of the line- counts are so low you just shouldn't be doing anything. especially wearing a top hat and dancing on a Pennsylvania farm at midnight.
This Friday weekend I have to miss my husband and Keller Williams playing music together. Keller is also laying down some tracks for the husband's new album. And I am missing it.Plus I miss seeing the guy- he's a great person and wonderful friend to us.
Unless by chance all this juicing and turkey tail and raw garlic i pounded today and for the rest of the upcoming week turns me around. I doubt it. But even if it were to happen, I'd probably lie low anyway.
And Souper Groove. Missing that too.
I had my day in the sun for a little bit going though- for that I am grateful.
No more supermarkets, fun trips out to the store. i live in one of the most densely populated areas on the  globe- I am not taking any chances on anything.

I'm a gonna be a hermit.
A bald Yankee lovin' hermit.
with a Mr. Hermit husband who stood by his vows of "in sickness and in health" to run to the store before he headed out to record his album tonight in the studio. To make sure the toilet paper in the hall closet was all stocked up. Thanks hun. (he hates using coupons with his beloved self-checkout aisle).

And this chemo brain stuff is no joke either- this is real.
Today I looked at a bag of carrots and called them pineapples. And for 5 straight minutes thought today was Friday.
wtf?

lol.

have yourselves the best evening of your lives tonight~*
Missing you, outside world and people!!!

xo

b







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

google reflexology and immunity - there are pressure points you can rub as much and as often as you like that are supposed to boost your immune system/white cells. the feet are supposed to be best but the hands are so accessible you can do them almost no matter where you are. that spot is located between the thumb and forefinger, immediately behind that little bit of loose webbing. press it, pulse it, massage it, doesn't matter but dig right in as much as you can. i'm not sure if that alone will be enough to help, but it definitely won't hurt. look up immunity boosting foods too, and load up on them. consider taking 50mg of zinc 3 days in a row every week - 100% natural and proven to boost those cells.

you're doing AWESOME. it SUCKS!! but you are doing REALLY REALLY REALLLLLY GREAT. tell yourself so, right now! do it! right now! wrap your arms around yourself, squeeze, and say it! out loud!! i mean it!! right NOW!!!!!!!

nice job!! :-D ;-)

my love to you, kick it some more today. give a swift kick for me while you're at it. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

brianne diomede said...

every day, hun <3

Post a Comment