Last night wasn't very good, I allowed some really negative personal energy from someone really get the best of me, as well as my daughter. The night before chemo wasn't very a calm one, I hate to say.
But I went to bed, and after a pretty restless sleep, i finally woke up in Legend of Zelda mode. On my way to ultimately defeat Gannon, I needed special implements. I feel like I got through a shitty part of video game and won a sheild for my trial battle. lol. (If you played Zelda back in the 80s like I did, you understand this-lol)
But I went to bed, and after a pretty restless sleep, i finally woke up in Legend of Zelda mode. On my way to ultimately defeat Gannon, I needed special implements. I feel like I got through a shitty part of video game and won a sheild for my trial battle. lol. (If you played Zelda back in the 80s like I did, you understand this-lol)
I just cast that garbage away, won my battle inside and got my shield.
Deflecting that close bad shit is necessary will absolutely have to happen.
TREATMENT STARTS:
DAY1 - may 22, 2012
With a calm self and hydrating like an elephant, I woke up to get the kids ready for grandma's and school- 8:30 we left Point Pleasant for the trek down Route 70 onward to Virtua in Mount Holly. The Fox Chase floor is the entire part of the hospital.... Mark finally was able to come with me on one of these trips out west, so it was great to have him there. After the usual BP and weight, I met with Dr Cairoli and his personal RN Phyllis. Phyillis was great to talk to - she answered any question we had well, bascially said there's no restrictions.
Something happened with my next day Neulasta prescription where I wasn't able to get it tomorrow, so it pushes my next chemo up a week to a 3 week schedule. Once the Neulasta comes in, we can go back to the 2 week schedule. (x 4 visits)
So I really wasn't nervous about the visit. That sense of sheild, peace and calm was very much present.
I felt like I was being asked to jump out of a plane. A plane that had lost its engines.... Nothing to do...just..jump. After a small exam of the tumors, we asked our questions regarding chiropratic/raw jucing/ going out...etc. No restrictions they said. Go about life, juice, get adjusted, what have you.
So that's cool.
I also got my pathology that I was waiting for - I am ER(Estrogen Receptor) Positive, as well as PR (Progesterone Receptor) Positive- which means that the cancer cells love my hormones. good news! My veins are nice and fat and good , so no port needed! I was told that the nurses are going to crazy over my great veins. lol.
So they like to play with my DNA and create too many yucky things. But I am also HER-, which leaves it all to the estrogen to cause all the problems and leave the proteins out of it.
Either way- It's stage IIIA. Which means it's a nice size tumor, it's shacked up with the neaby lymphnodes and had a party. Kinda like that cool monorail that goes from the Luxor to the Excalibur in Vegas....
So in one line- stage IIIa breast cancer... ER+/PR+/HER2-
I was waiting almost a month for those tests.....
Onto the chemo room where we chose the smaller, "quiet room" chemo room- no tvs, about 7 chemo chairs. They had another larger chemo room with TVs, but doing it low key was better. It reminded me of the regular betting at a horse track vs. the partierre box betting. lol. I've been in those chemo rooms before too and I wouldn't prefer to listen to FOX news getting this done. Or CNN, or golf, or NASCAR. Judge Judy, yes....
The quiet room was chill, I met 2 other women with breast cancer, but both recurrent. One of the women's husbands as there with her, a drill sergeant in the Army. They had such a great vibe- they welcomed us on our "first time" and talked about the attitude and drive you need to have for this..... We all hit it off real well.
2 hours of IV flushes, an Ativan (blech), Adriamycin and Cytoxan (also known by the fancy name : AC)...
If your cancer has spread like mine, the toxic shit is a necessity.
It all took only about 4 hours total.....
I don't feel anything but tired and the need to sleep.
I peed red from the Adriamycin(the drug is red) . That was weird.
I expect something to happen in the next few days, I just need to eat, chug water like crazy and rest for 'em.....
I really don't ever take any Rx meds, an antibiotic here and there , I wonder what the hell my body must be thinking at this point. LOL.
I'm very tired and I need to call it an evening <3
I'm doing this.
<3
b

9 comments:
Prayed for you today. Will continue to do so.
Love and positivity... Remember, GLOW girl.
lovelovelove thinking of you constantly xo
was thinking of you last night. you got this!!! keep on truckin, mama <3 <3 <3
you are amazing. my love to you. i'm thinking of you constantly. <3 nkind
Thanks for keeping us posted in this blog.. Sure saves the individual messaging and keeps all the lived ones in the loop of your battle and recovery!! Day one done.., one day at a time full spead ahead. Love ya .
Interesting about the estrogen...
Do you eat or drink a lot of soy? (it's in everything lately!) it makes me think about a few years ago when a vegetarian friend of mine started breaking out (which was unusual for her) and then got pretty ill. When she finally went to the Dr she found out that she had waaaaayyyyy too much estrogen in her system. If I remember correctly, she said that the estrogen was building up in her system with every "healthy" thing she ate! She had to stop eating soy entirely until she was able to get back to the "normal" range, and even now she has to be cautious about how much she eats.
Is the new fad of "healthy" foods making us sick? (It makes me worry about the boys.!)
Interesting about the estrogen...
Do you eat or drink a lot of soy? (it's in everything lately!) it makes me think about a few years ago when a vegetarian friend of mine started breaking out (which was unusual for her) and then got pretty ill. When she finally went to the Dr she found out that she had waaaaayyyyy too much estrogen in her system. If I remember correctly, she said that the estrogen was building up in her system with every "healthy" thing she ate! She had to stop eating soy entirely until she was able to get back to the "normal" range, and even now she has to be cautious about how much she eats.
Is the new fad of "healthy" foods making us sick? (It makes me worry about the boys.!)
Kate- yes - I did eat a lot of soy- but not astronomical amounts. These cancer cells were aggravated by a DNA mutation originally- the soy I'm sure did not help, but it is hardly the main cause. It feeds off more of my hormones than anything. But I have cut it out 100% now. Soy can have an aggravating effect on the system with causing serious inflammation, which can intesnfy already there cancer, or hypertension, etc etc.
Loving you. Learning.
Post a Comment