5.29.2012

clouds have passed.....

DAY8

I love this sunshine. I can't go out in it, but I love this sunshine.
My vegetables are doing awesome too. Gonna have tomatoes, cucumbers, spinach, zucchini, beans, kohlrabi and a sunflower very soon.
And I found my first 4 leaf clover of the year.
I seem to pick them out of clover patches most places I go- they really are in more places than people think. One summer, I counted 33 I found in my front yard. I taped them to paper and still have them now and I give them out sometimes too :) I stockpile luck, I guess.

The heat is another story- We haven't had the AC on this whole time because the vents need to be seriously cleaned and sanitized since we skipped it the last few years in the house. It's 87 degrees outside.
The person is coming tomorrow to get up in the attic and clean out the gunk from the intakes and change the filter and run those giant vacuum hoses from each vent into a giant thing in the middle of the driveway.
In the meantime- there's oscillating fans everywhere. My kitchen is a literal greenhouse where it's all windows and boils in the summer. We're all sweating. lol.
I'm grateful for air conditioning. Clean air conditioning though. I don't trust the 1960s stuff up in my attic. lol.


Went back into work today after a really tough time trying to wake up.
I do have to say I am finally sleeping as a result of all of this, something which I haven't seen in 10 years.

Blessed rest.

Work was great. It got my mind off things, I got to sit in air conditioning and was able to talk to other people in person.
The hats and embroidery all agreed on a smooth day.

Overall, I feel ok today. Just tired. Always tired. Trying not to let my liver invade my thoughts too much.

Got a fresh shipment of kale, beets, collards, more kale, and celery today  from Grandma and Mom. They took Melody to Wegman's while Mark cleaned some more.

A good day.
We're expecting serious thunderstorms apparently soon too. Another great advantage to the boiling greenhouse kitchen- it's great watching  when a summer thunderstorm hits. (even though it's still spring)

:)



1 comment:

Post a Comment