Had my first oncologist appt. with Dr. Cairoli today.
A+! He's Italian, and i noticed the picture of Mickey Mantle on his office wall today.
For a beginner reader of this- I'll prelude to my dad...He fought a bitch of a cancer for 8 years before dying of it in 2010.... One of huge loves of his life was the Yankees. and goddamn if he never talked abotu Mickey Mantle being the greatest. He loved Mantle. So much so that I thought about naming my last daughter Seven in honor of him. I know it has the Seinfeld stigma- but it was cool!
So when I see someone so into the Yanks, or Mantle even- I know it's a sign from my dad. Plus the oncology floor of this hospital is 100% Fox Chase. The best.
Dad has made his presence known so much lately through all of this- I can't deny it.
So I met with the oncologist and we talked about chemo, cancer, mastectomy, losing my hair, and all that good stuff----
I start chemo May 22 following a million tests dependent on what kind of BC cells I have.
I found out that I'll feel like shit, and lose my hair- to which I told the doc that I would buy a Bozo wig to wear instead of being bald.
Obviously this guy doesn't know my humor - he told me no.
of course I won't get a Bozo wig - but a blue or purple one, holy crap, yes. I always wanted a full head of blue hair.
Hilarity gets me through these days.
I am scheduled for so many tests at this point.... My chemo depends on what type of cancer cells are in my body- which noone knows right now.
as losing my boob?
bring it- if i have to chop off this boob and nipple- then so be it and I'll get a tattoo of Hello Kitty over the scar. Or something else badass. like Kenny Powers' face, or a Kraken, or a tattoo of 5 weird Total Recall style nipples.....
All about laughing. Cause all of this shit is starting to get funny and I'm laughing.
There is no other option besides fight than laugh.
and Thank goodness for cosplay people. If it wasn't for them and there bizarre video game obsession, wigs that reach the floor in the colors of blue and white wouldnt exist for people like me dealing with cancer and losing my hair.
Black lady wigs rule too.
So black women and cosplay aficionados - cherish your wigmakers. cause they shall inherit the earth for us funky cancer patients. GET DOWN!!!!
1 comment:
I work with a black lady and we were joking about weaves and she said to tell you that "lace" is in....whatever that means. Thought you should know. May 22nd. You got this. Love ya, sistah.
Post a Comment