DAY19
Went out last night and stayed up till the wee hour of 1am for the sake of seeing 2 hours of live music.
Loved it.
It was great to see some folks I hadn't seen in a while.
I went out without a wig or a scarf either, and I felt comfortable. Hooray for eyeshadow crayons and liquid liner. Loving them right now :)
This morning however, I noticed the little stubby hair coming out more and more. A scratch of the head and all this hair pops out. Kinda weird. So I enjoyed the last night out of having a crew cut. Next time I go out I need to rock a wig. or sombrero.
Pretty soon I'll have bald patches, so going out Au Danzaral is not an option anymore. I don't want to look like I just came back from a fabulous vacation to Chernobyl.
So I'll get some more fun wigs and enjoy them. As well as dropping off my good wig at the punk hair salon to personalize it a little bit. It needs a little tweaking.
I paid for yesterday with nothing but being tired today. I had to go out and get the blood test pre-chemo appt. and pick the kids up from my mother's. I couldn't even sleep or nap today, but it just felt good lying down and closing my eyes next to Melody taking a nap for a couple hours. It's been hard to get up and get moving, I got a little boost after today's juice of celery/carrots/beets/chard/collard greens....Mark took the kids on a walk to the supermarket to give me a quiet break, then he leaves for his gig at 7 tonight.
He's been the best husband and dad ever. He always was, but this time he shines. I'm so lucky.
Chugging water like I was a Seaside tourist with beer. I'm already prepping for chemo #2 of 4 on Tuesday. My mom is going to go with me. After the 4 major chemo treatments, I go on another chemo for 12 weeks, once a week. Then surgery. Then possible radiation.
Looking forward. Living forward.
xo
b
edit to add:
8:20 PM- While the kids were watching Finding Nemo, I decided to just do the deed with clippers.
Tony Danza haircut is gone - Now I'm nearly bald. Like when Britney went nuts and charged the paparazzi with an umbrella bald.
Feels totally weird. But much nicer than having little hairs fall into your food or down the back of your neck for hours on end. The new black and blue short bob wig is arriving shortly. More to come.yay!
2 comments:
Your blog comments crack me up, as always. Thinking about you :) Can't wait to see the bob wig pic!!! :D
"Chugging water like Seaside tourist drinking beer! LOL! You are too much.
Post a Comment