6.07.2012

hello rest

DAY17

I was able to get 3 hours of a nap in today. HOOOOORAY!
My mom came by to take Melody around lunch to hang with her and great grandma Mary (Nonna).
I needed to sleep so bad I just conked out at 5 and woke up at 8.
Still tired though. But oh boy- it was glorious.
I was never a nap person, I guess I am now.

2nd day of working 9 hours, it didn't go too bad. I had my moments, but as long as I wasn't pushing through them too much, I was ok.
Tomorrow should be lighter.

and Friday.
And Mark is playing the Stone Pony with the New Riders of the Purple Sage-Gonna try and go for a few hours and take my niece Jennifer with me...I miss live music.

And my sister is in town from North Carolina! (she's #5 of all us 6)- and she brought me biscuits from the south. my guilty pleasure.
Tomorrow is the 18th day after my chemo where my oncologist says that my hiar is really going to start falling out. He says it happens almost 18 days to the day from the first chemo. . We shall see.

The American Cancer Society sent me a letter today announcing an event for kids whose parents have cancer as well as childhood cancer patients themselves in my town for a Christmas in July party at the local firehouse. It made me cry at how much I know Azalea would love to be around kids who know what she is going through, I am grateful for the ACS. They do amazing work and I'm looking forward to helping them when I get better to help other people like me.
They have fun with the kids, and they get their letter for a gift from Santa answered. It's a nice day where everyone has something in common, yet the looming cancer banner gets taken down for a few hours at least.
Every day that goes by and the bills are starting to come in , I'm so grateful that I have health insurance through work.

On the topic of sitar music, I'm a big fan of Cheb I Sabbah. He remixes traditional Hindu music and music of India into the modern ear. He was recently diagnosed with Stage IV stomach cancer and is uninsured. I took the time to buy his latest release because all the proceeds benefit his care. I've been such a fan for so many years, how could I not. Here's the link if you like traditional Indian fare electrified music too and you want to support his care as well.... Samara - Benefits Cheb I Sabbah




love&light
-b



No comments:

Post a Comment