6.14.2012

Post Chemo Toasties

DAY24

Yesterday was just full of fatigue and rest. and water. and food.

My appetite has not waned at all- although the first few days after chemo- nausea does hit you out of the blue every so often. Keep eating. I LOVE mashed potatoes. and raw broccoli right now.
My lady Terra dropped off some awesome premade quesadillas and quinoa stuffed peppers the other day too that has done good for feeding us when I'd rather not be making anything and Mark's not around. The gifts of dinner have been a godsend :) Some foods are starting to sicken me at the thought of cooking or eating them....Like Pirate Booty Tings? OMG I could eat a whole bag 3 weeks ago- now the mere thought of them make me want to barf.
My mom came over last night at 7pm to give me my Neulasta shot- which kinda hurt.... she had to inject it slow from a pre-filled syringe...so as it went into my arm- it stung. like a bee sting but inside the muscle. After - it felt like she put a cigarette out on my arm, but it went away after a cold pack.
Sorta tattoo like.
She brought some awesome food and treats too. salad, rice.... good stuff.
I'm  so grateful :)

My wig also arrived a day early but they sent me the curly one instead of the straight one so I had to get a replacement sent. Curly bob in blue & black does not suit me. It looks like me trying to do Bette Davis in some weird punk rock cancer version of Whatever Happened to Baby Jane. Crazy eyeliner, baggy eyes. No dead birds though.

Mark came home a little early around 9- and sat with me as we watched the Yankees game that he DVR'd. So we were 2 hours behind and watched it till about 10:30 when we couldn't stay awake anymore.
Mark mentioned how much Chipper Jones from the Braves looked like Jimmy Carter. and 5 minutes later- they showed Jimmy Carter at the game. it was funny at the time I guess. lol.

I slept pretty well last night-

Woke up totally exhausted this morning- kinda achy.... just more tired though. I am having a hard time getting out of bed.... Some minor bone pain- but it comes and goes. I went to the chiropractor yesterday to level the playing field of my joints n muscles before the shot and it's been ok so far. My chiropractor I think has been a huge help in playing the part in the way I feel around all of this. It's relaxing and I feel so much better afterwards. It's good for getting good sleep too.

I sent Mark out with coupons to do some food shopping- and he took Melody with him to give me a break.
Azie stayed here and actually took an order for a salad with a pen and paper for me and made lunch for me. She's so awesome. I can't say it enough.

at this time, I am planning to have Mark drop the kids off with mom tonight so I can get some sleep in and a quiet house tonight. Mark leaves at 6 for work tonight in Jackson....Home around 1-2am. He needs his sleep, so do I and kids waking up at 6am don't jive right now with the way the parents in this house work and feel.

My hair is coming out more and more....lots of bald patches. Food and water are starting to taste metallic.
No getting out of bed for more than 10 minutes at a time today. My ass is whupped. I don't even feel human today. I feel more like a neutral mass full of serious drugs and science experiments.
Looking at sunshine physically hurts.


Just not feeling so spectacular today. Keeping a sunny outlook though. ......
General Hospital will never suck me into it's vapid drama.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've easily resisted the soaps, but i have to admit that ellen degeneres is actually pretty funny.... ;-)

love and peace.... <3 nancy

Brooke said...

Don't be Tardy for the Wedding should be on tonight. Kim & Kroy are renting that 3.5 million house a few miles from us for 8k a month. Mary goes to high school with the daughter & is friends w her on Facebook. Tonight the homeowner, a retired NBA player, threatents the actual wedding. In case you need the distraction. Britt shows up at midnight here with her crew, dog included. Wish you were here!

Anonymous said...

LOve the Betty Davis comment.LOL HAng in there!

Post a Comment