DAY70
2nd Taxol today.....
It wasn't such an early appointment this time- 9am- which made it bearable.
My mom drove me and Azalea came along. It was her first experience seeing her mother in a chemo room, and with other cancer patients. Mom took her down to the cafe for breakfast while they started my IV so she didn't have to see it.
All the nurses were really excited to meet Azalea. They all loved her name.
We had a full chemo room with a Vietnam Vet with Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, a fellow breast cancer mama, a woman who had rectal cancer but the chemo didn't make her hair fall out, and a cute elderly lady with colon cancer. My mom is a 17 year survivor- and the little old lady and the lady with hair were both nurses, so my mom had a good time talking to them. She loves to talk about the hospital work days with someone who understands the lingo. Thankfully for that same lingo, I am able to follow House a lot better since I've grown up hearing about intubations and tachycardiograms and pulseoxes. Or is that pulse-oxen?
Oh well- We had a laughing bunch today-
I love meeting the different people. I still have yet to meet someone around my age in these rooms. All of them are at least 20 years older than I am.
Half an Ativan, Benadryl- - nicely tired for the Taxol infusion. The ride home was nice.
I came home and wanted to sleep, but my mind was going a mile a minute and despite the home heart monitor's readings of a normal rate- I felt like I was getting an anxiety attack and felt like crawling out of my skin. Just jumpy. Maybe it was the Dexamethasone. But it felt weird.
I suspect crashing really hard tonight.
Mark drove me to the chiropractor after I got home from my appointment for a good adjustment. I find these really help the chemo experience. Between the stress and the drugs - your back gets pinched, not to mention the annoying as hell leg, knee, finger and hand bone jingles.
I feel much better after visiting Dr. G and I am able to relax a little bit better after seeing him, which makes for a nice happy environment for the tree drug to flow and go.
Still feeling anxiety a little bit today.
I go back to work tomorrow since I felt awesome last week. But i am not making any assumptions.
I will do my best to manage this and do my job and get things done.
........
So as I sit and view this orioles/yanks game- with Baltimore up by 1..... I have the urge to sleep and create at the same time. i cannot sit still so I managed to get it out by typing- and I painted my toes shades of green. Thanks Mel :)
I ironed out my ever evolving hexagon sewed pieces- then I got antsy with that and needed to do something else.
So now I find myself banging on little lettered keys, enjoying the sound of 57 words per minute on plastic.
Mom took Melody tonight while Azie and I stay home and Mark rocks out in Seaside tonight. The quiet is welcome after last week's sick run from mom so she couldn't take the baby. Mom thought she had West Nile Virus, but now she's better.
Need to sleep, paint, draw, sew, paint, sleep, draw, pencil sketch, ya ya ya..... Bone pain creeping into my legs and back right now.... YAAAA!
what the hell is the matter with me? lol. I need to go to sleep to wake up early for work tomorrow. I hope I can pull it off.
ttfn
xo
b
No comments:
Post a Comment