7.09.2012

chemo4

DAY49

*THE LAST AC TREATMENT!*


So good to see those drugs enter into my system via IV for the LAST time. It's all the Adriamycin I'll ever be allowed to have in my life. Any more will ruin your heart. Cytoxan. uck. It's all nasty, not to mention the Neulasta shot.
 But as of today, I AM Done with AC!!!!
A small step for a bald lady, a giant leap for boobs.

So happy, yet really tired and kinda sick feeling now.
Phyllis saw me today, the tumor has not changed this time. It has shrunk to half it's size so far- it's about the size of a quarter. But that's good news! Blood was excellent too.
She asked if I had started to feel the AC more recently and it's true- the bones, the severe exhaustion, appetite and nausea issues- it all just hit me in the last week pretty hard.
My really good days are deceiving- I did - once again- too much and I paid for it for 2 days this time instead of 1.
So I have to be better in sitting still. I rested with the tv on yesterday and of course the documentary on Islamic art  comes on and I had to watch it cause that stuff s my jam. I love Islamic art and it's mandalas and pointed stars, holy moly. No sleeping- I did rest well.....but I need to sit still and quietly a bit better.
sitar music......


This last AC session went good- Mark & I were in the chemo room by ourselves and then the lady from 2 weeks ago with the Cheetos came in.
I got nauseous at the thought of her eating cheetos this time! It wasn't her at all, it was the sound, and they sounded just like the Tings. ugh. I'm getting sick typing this right now. lol.....
She didn't eat cheetos though, so all was good with the world.

It's so weird what your body attaches to the chemo experience - random things like hospital tile, or wallpaper trim, fish in a fish tank, food you eat.... and makes it something that you will always associate with chemo and therefore makes you ill to look or think about it. So weird.

My next round of Taxol, in 2 weeks ---July 23rd starts a 12 week , once a week run of this different chemo.
I'll be done with this around October 15th (my dad's birthday).
Not sure how it'll be, we'll just wait and see. Load up on chiropractor and greens.....
My final Neulasta shot is also tomorrow and it's my mom's 62nd birthday......
Probably going to attempt a dinner here with minimal work for her. ......


Headed to early sleep tonight.... Mark's playing tonight in Seaside Heights so he won't be home until late...I pray for an early kid bedtime....




Grateful for waking up to a gorgeous morning, and all the things the day has brought me.

Shine on, all.

xo
b







4 comments:

Meghan R, said...

Congrats on last day of AC chemo!! You are so strong! An inspiration to all of us.

Unknown said...

youre knockin this out
props to the top
xo
bk

Karen M said...

Yay for the last day of AC! Onward and upward. :) XO

Anonymous said...

yessss!! rockin' it! i didn't realize they maxed you on on the adriamycin, no wonder it hit you so hard. they don't expect you'll ever need that again. awesome. hope the next few weeks are kind. xoxo

Post a Comment