DAY57
Go go go go go go.
I went from lethargy Sunday to crazy nuts energy Monday. Today is Tuesday!
Not sure what happened, but I went back to work Monday- after work I was tired, but I promised Azalea I would take her to the craft store since Melody made us leave on our original trip Sunday. We got some beads and jewelry stuff, and I found some cool things on sale like 120 precut fabric hexagons for 7 dollars. "I could make a skirt!" - I thought to myself. I think that a lot when I enter a fabric store. I end up accumultaing half a basements worth of fabric thinking that. I have about 400 skirts and projects that never get made from my ingenious spur of the moment ideas. Like nail polish, fabric is another addiction. So Joann's is like my giant crack house. I also got some good German thread for my serger, a machine I haven't really used in years. I didn't understand why I bought them, but they were 40% off and it's fab German thread. Why not? How hard would it be to whip up an easy hexagon skirt for myself?
came back totally exhausted and needing sleep. So I laid down- nothing. I wouldn't go to bed. I tried for an hour to sleep. Nope. Nothing. Then it started. Melody went to bed early so it left Azie and I to sit down with an awesome Yankees game, and make some earrings. Usually I am on the couch laid out exhausted at this point.
Nope. We made 4 pairs of earrings! I wrestled pliers, I wrestled wire. Go Go Go.
After Azie went to bed, I still had it in me to start on the hexagons.
BY HAND. My head was saying - "Do it old school- you need the quiet meditation......". My heart surprisingly agreed to this late night endeavor with needle and thread.
So I did. I started sewing these little hexagons together by hand in randomness.
The game at that point was at the top of the 8th and tied 2-2 --- I was hoping for no extra innings so I could easily go to bed. All this being housebound and baseball is going to turn me into one of those people who call Mike Francesa every day.
But alas- Ibanez, my bald head twin brother, hit a grand slam and cinched it once again.
Seriously, all these wins make me feel so good- since the winning streak has been since my first chemo. I feel like it's my dad here with me, as we used to watch the games and text each other as the innings went. He'd be loving this season right now. I don't want to hear what you have to say, Yankee haters..... this is our season. and it's one of the little things that keeps me going right now. So let me love them just for now :)
No extra innings once again so I wasn't kept awake, I finally burned out on hexagons and put them down, snipped my threads and laid down to go to sleep. But who slipped me speed?
Not sure where this burst of creativity and energy came from- but I'm gonna ride this awesome wave.... Feeling really nothing but energy- I love it and I'm glad the fog is gone. I AM SMILING.
When I close my eyes, I see nothing but golden horizons.
......
another game tonight, probably more hexagons.......
love!
-b

No comments:
Post a Comment