6.25.2012

Chemo Numero Tres

DAY35
There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, to avoid facing their own soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.

~ Carl Gustav Jung



AC Chemo Treatment #3

I am exhausted. This post will be short, because getting up way early to make this appointment + making dinner for /getting kids to bed solo + chemo= has drained the soul container.

So yes. Mark & I took the soul container & went to the garage today for a very quiet day at Virtua in the chemo chair... Half an Ativan today and I napped nicely between water.
Just one other patient was in there, eating her lunch of a hot dog with the fixins and cheetos. The sound of the cheetos sounded just like those evil Pirate Booty Tings. I tried to read the newspaper the best I could as she ate them.

lol.

My oncology nurse told us too that some people can't wear red or even look at the name of the hospital again after their first chemo- their bodies attached that just like mine did with those nasty crunch sticks.
weird.
Nice quiet day, more red pee.

Dr. Cairoli praised my bloodwork and the breast tumor has shrunk even more!!!!! And my weight is staying the same, which is good too. I actually gained 2 lbs. oof. He said my symptoms shouldn't get any worse for the rest of the AC chemo either. which is 1 MORE VISIT.
Monday July 9 is final AC chemo. The 2 weeks off and I have 12 weekly chemos of Taxol, that will end mid-October if all scheduling goes well. Which means I have many options for Halloween as a bald woman. Please readers, I need some hilarious ideas if you got 'em. After 2009's Epic Bob Ross, I have decided not to go as a man ever again. Noone knew I was a girl and some thought I was some weird gay man from Asbury. I think it was the eyebrows and creepy moustache. They were right.

I also hooked up with the breast reconstruction part of all of this- an accredited doctor from Fox Chase in Philly named Dr. Patel who the main man for plastic surgery on cancer patients......so that's awesome. I see him July 24 to put the wheels into motion for surgery. He's a rare NJ visitor and works very closely with Dr Miller, where in most cases- Dr Miller does the mastectomy, and then Dr. Patel finishes the reconstruction all in one shot. Man, that would be so awesome. I hope I get that value meal.

A rainy weather day of driving.... I managed to score the last dozen of farm fresh eggs on the way home in Pemberton and some blueberries..... delicious.


A quick post to just say that I'm reaallllly tired like i walked to Belmar and back.My thigh bones and hips feel like a little person threw bricks at them.

So after getting these kids fed and in bed, I'm gonna lie down and hit.the.hay.
I'm so sad to be missing Beth's birthday party in Seaside.
Tomorrow we visit the missing circle of Dante's Inferno that is Neulasta.

much love*
xo
b



3 comments:

b said...

I'm glad you got to get out and enjoy the weekend before another round of the blahhhhhs with pain. Boooo. Costumes: Curly? Uncle Fester? Daddy Warbucks? DR EVIL!!!! Freddy Krueger? Blue Man Group? LOL!! Hang in there sistah. Thinking about ya... Love ya!

Kate said...

If you had walked to Belmar, would you have taken 71 to Sea Girt and then Ocean Ave.? :)

brianne diomede said...

absolutely, katie. absolutely! lol. too funny, girl... xo

Post a Comment