![]() |
| Stonehenge 2009 |
Been good. No blogs mean everything has been running smoothly - Just...yep you guessed it- TIRED.
Today was the 4th day in a row I worked for 9 hours- amazing. Running around a tiny warehouse and getting shit in order for my assistant to sail through next week- it's all good.
In case anyone didn't know what I do for a living besides being a zany person and artist, I am a machine embroiderer and digitizer for a local screen print shop in Ocean County here. I love it.
Today is my Friday. Tomorrow I depart for the highways and head up to an annual music festival in Pennsylvania that Mark has been playing since it's birth 22 years ago. I'm leaving Melody with my mom and Azalea will be my co-pilot.
It's called Stonehenge. and it's my favorite place to be every June :) So much so I got a tattoo of the real Stonehenge in the UK, even though I have never been there. So I do NOT like to miss it, I haven't missed one since 1999, and I plan on keeping it that way. I used to vend my art and clothing every summer, this is the second time I haven't.
Some of the greatest musical friends and family converge here and it's where bliss is for us as a family.
Nothing is like a weekend with the Stonehenge people, for me. forever and always. :)
it's hard explaining Stonehenge to someone who has never been there, and it is not for everyone, as well. My brother Jon has been going on and off for the past 7 years as well....
And it's Beth's 50 birthday, so it'll be a party. I can't be away from my best friend on her 50th!!
Kinda apprehensive - I need to be careful around hugs and people, and be Howie Mandel weird about touching things. and stay in the shade. I'll be rocking my wig though. The blue and black bob arrived and I love it.
The original plain wig that's boring and no fun? I named it Mitt Romney.
Eventually I'll take Mitt to get rainbow-fied and cut properly, as well the real one should too...Mitt needs a punk makeover.
![]() |
| my booth - stonehenge 2009 |
Chemo Monday, so that means Hydration Extreme weekend. Exciting my life has become, eh?
I should put my water in a cardboard box of wine box so I can look cool to all the kids. Sip it with a big straw like a fabulously giant Pinot Grigio Capri-Sun.....
Been feeling alright. My body needs sleep- but with everything I seem to need to perpetually do, my mind has a hard time slowing down. So it keeps me up until I crash hard and wind up auditorily hallucinating the sounds of other people talking in the room with me. It's so bizarre. Sleep deprivation has always done that to me. Weird. Once I drove 26 hours straight from Lake Tahoe to Breckenridge Colorado with nothing but horrible road coffee and cheap cigarettes. and Doritos. We stopped and I just passed out asleep, and swore that other people were it the van with me talking as I slept. Totally bizarre.
Sleeping is hard when there's a lot to think of.
My hair is pretty much gone besides a very short mohawk at the top of my head. It's been 95 degrees the past 2 days and I have to say that the wig is not fun in that heat too long. the scarf, ok.
I am also noticing the sore mouth and lingering bone pain, mild nauseousness every now and then but nothing major.
When I think about chemo, my head instantly goes to the first time, when I was eating those Pirate Booty Tings for the first time as I was getting my chemo IV drip on. Eating them during chemo triggered some crazy reaction in my body, where now they make me absolutely sick to my stomach when I think of them. I can't get them out of my head, I will always associate them with chemo now, and I think of them often because my brain is operating under the influence of some crazy shit and thoughts and actions are blurred.
My brain does not match now what I try to say or do sometimes, and it's also bizarre. And frustrating. Sometimes I'll forget to do the simplest of tasks, like sitting in the car and forgetting how to start it. Or thinking my words before I speak them- and I speak them backwards. Or I'll get horrific visions in my head as I am trying to sleep. But thankfully the latter does not happen that often at all.
It's not constant, but it happens frequently. Chemo brain they call it.
I now know how Melody's head works.
Much like a 2 year old.
Other than the hair, and the impaired thinking, and sleep issues- life is pretty all right. :)
Beth came over on Saturday and we had a really great Reiki session. I have never felt so much electricity in a Reiki session ever. Amazing and it balanced me - especially when she held my ankles.
Looking forward to my teeny tiny vacation and restinggggg.


2 comments:
what is up with our mohawks!?? lol
if it's hot, just a cotton bucket hat during the days that you can keep soaking in cold water might feel nice and then you can rock the wig when it's cooler without getting it too sweaty.
sunscreen it up, even when in the shade and have THE most wonderful time, i'm going to be thinking of you sooo often and hoping that all is going well. much much muuuuuch love to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep checking this daily. Glad you're getting away this weekend. Don't work so much, girlie. You need the rest. Miss ya!!!!
Post a Comment