2.05.2013

radiation - day 28. TREATMENT ENDS


I think this blog is a great book so far. One with an unexpected twist.
Today marks the end.
very few blog post here were made when I wasn't in treatment.... the first ones were totally naive. I'm a little embarrassed about it- but who knew?
Now I am wiser.
been through the rounds. Fresh out of the stalls.
I still have my pains, my burns- freshness. Wisdom will grow and calcify.
I just cry when it hits me that after 9 months, I'm done. In the time some people create humans, I saved one.
My doctors did it too- but I have known since May 10th- when I saw that photo of Mickey Mantle on the wall - that my dad was gonna be with me and that everything was gonna be ok.
Ok.

I believe and I feel that even in my personal experience- that we walk with our guides. We all have help- even the most evil of us. It's our choice to listen.
But we have guides. They are there. I don't care if you are flaming atheists...they are fucking THERE!!!!

I embraced mine as best as I could- I embraced the formless prayers, the fortune I had to be surrounded by such awesomness of people and spirit- and I felt it- I always felt it- and I will always feel it - in my heart and forever.
This is just the beginning.
keep off the grass, cancer.

Love you, Nancy..... !! 2013!

more to be added later*
xo

b

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love you Brianne! let 2013 begin! you rocked it, every day. so happy for you. for us! :) xoxoxoxoxo

Post a Comment