DAY79
Pretty exhausted today - I managed to get in almost a full workday -
I'm anticipating a day or two after this of pure tired.
It's already starting.
This trip to chemo this week was a great one- I didn't even notice the nurse changing out my IV - great conversation between 3 other ladies and myself. The one lady sitting closest to me, probably in her early 50s, a cute lady who reminded me of Phoebe Snow, had metastatic breast cancer. In 1983 they gave her little chance, and she's still kicking butt. With 2 recurrences of breast cancer, unrelated ovarian cancer, bone marrow cancer and bone cancer. She looked great and her attitude was awesome. I gave her the little jar of turkey tail in my purse- her breast cancer was all hormonal too. She told me she'll never dye her hair again. She has Dr. Cairoli too.
Almost 30 years living past the few months her doctors gave her- what a chick.
After the week I had last week, I'm really glad I met her. I need to start looking at things differently. It's funny how you think you can figure something out, yet there's always a higher lesson lurking around the corner.
It's a cosmic spanking.
My visit with Phyllis showed no change in my tumors. She told me to tell people that I am "stable". As long as the lumps and bumps don't grow, we're doin' good.
They won't know the entire picture until they get out and test what they take out of me with surgery.
So there's still a piece of the puzzle unknown yet.
It's a long road.
This steroid crap is for the birds too.
I'm doing my best to get up the energy for things, but it's impossible. My brain is scattered a lot too.
I keep forgetting EVERYTHING. lol.
Really psyched to get out next week to A Bear's Picnic. It's a festival in Pennsylvania. Mark is playing that as a gig, I get to see some awesome people I do not nearly get to see enough, and Mickey Hart is playing too. Eek! So excited!!
3 comments:
i said i wouldn't color my hair again either... yikes!! :)
how are you taking the turkey tail? my acu wants to start herbal supplements once the chemo drugs are out of my system and radiation is over, so it will be a couple of months yet. she mentioned this one, and one other so not sure yet what the decision will be.
much love!! glad you are getting through the taxol - that was #5?? almost halfway! :-D love, love, love!!!!
I'm taking the turkey tail in a powdered nano form. The dosage recommendation is fuzzy- so i'm doing about a heaping baby feeding sppon's worth a day. That was taxol #3. I wish it was 5. lol.
xo
ack. sorry!! i'll ask my acu about dosage and let you know what she says :)
Post a Comment