What a great day today was. Every day is great- but for cancer- it was SMACKDOWN. arrr!
The 6th of 12 Taxol doses, which means I am halfway through and will finally be done with chemo by OCTOBER 9th.
!!!!!
In yesterday's post - I was surprised to find a tumor that had literally shrunk overnight. I thought it had disappeared.
Since today was a full examination day where they get down and do an extensive measurement and assessment of just what's going on with the tumors------ Phyllis asked me all the usual questions about the neuropathy in my hands and feet, and then asked about the tumors if I had been feeling them and noticed anything. So I said - "you might think I'm crazy- but I don't feel the tumor anymore"
She seemed to get very excited and proceeded with the hands to officially measure. And she perked right up- and in an excited voice said that it had CONSIDERABLY SHRUNK even more. Down to a centimeter! pretty awesome since it was about 5 to start. This tumor had stayed the same smaller size for about 2 months.
The axilla ( aka "Armpit Shitshow") is still the same plain old size.
In the end- it kind of doesn't matter- but tumor shrinkage is always good stuff- It's the effect of the chemo showing itself.
It is treating the entire body in an attempt to keep the cancer at bay and keep it from moving past my lymph node- which would put me at Stage IV.
So it's working I guess!Along with so many paryers, love, light, good wishes and everything intended that's good.
It would be great to hear that they couldn't find any cancer after pathology from the surgery comes back.
wouldn't it?
ah.
A few posts back- I mentioned turkey tail.
and I had said my 6th treatment was coming and I would love to see a shrinking tumor. And it happened.
I am inspired by the wisdom of the fine herbal mama that presented me with the turkey tail- upon research I found the story of Paul Stamets mother, who at 86 was given three months to live and diagnosed with terminal Stage IV cancer. Using turkey tail alongside Taxol and a drug from the protein receptors, she now has no detectable cancer since 2009. Very unheard of. Stage IV is traditionally incurable.
So that's my goal. To have no detectable cancer in my body by pathology...if eating these shrooms combined with Taxol really works. .
It might not happen, but I can dream it. and be it.
Oh and yes- a new wig arrived today! It's kale green and super cute. :) <3 love&light
xo
b
1 comment:
Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah!
This is AMAZING news...YAY!
XOXOXO Karen
Post a Comment