2.04.2013

radiation-day 27

Tomorrow is my last treatment.
This song has been in my head all day.
... Not technically free from treatments just yet- but definitely free from bullshit.

As I sit here on this eve of my last treatment- I have a nasty oozing burn, a giant square of pain. A sense of completeness- at the end of my rope- exhaustion, really tired of it all....so happy to put the last 9 months finally behind me.
And 5 years.
I took a day off from law, checking to see if osha sent me the official report yet, and medical questions to just lie down. I am spent.
I had the wind knocked out of me through all these damn treatments... I am at a point where I'm just done. I have no physical energy left. I can't pick up my kid, let alone stand still without the flaming evil of radiation reminding me that it's there.
TOMORROW IT ENDS.
all of it.
I'm missing my co-workers today since I really enjoyed working with them and they were a real support system for me when I first got sick. I'll probably never see them again.
I still am dumbfounded how someone just couldn't own the fact they poison their employees. Selfishness.
My life now is focused on my kids first. My husband. Our life as a family.
Then my art. Then everything else.
We have been through enough where I think we should just go back to what matters most.
once and for all.

Tomorrow- we face the final curtain.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

done done done done done done done done done done done! yayyyyy! :)

hope things heal quickly for you, they did for me for the most part. even the tan and mottled brown areas keep improving, even almost 4 months later. i'm only using vit e oil lately. in fact, believe it or not the top edge of the giant square has almost disappeared. so have faith! keep treating it! i love you! i'm soooo happy that you are DONE as of today!!! xoxoxoxoox and lots of hugs!!!

Post a Comment