1.14.2013

radiation -day12


16 more to go!
Today kicks off radiations 12-16. And we just keep getting hotter.
The burning inside feeling I'm getting used to.
The arm isn't behaving either- (Nancy I am doing the wrist to armpit thing  and exercises! lol)- it gets a little better with the stretching and massage, but it's still shot. And it's visibly puffy.
boo.
no puffy arms.
Call me Puff Mommy.

Just another day in paradise with my personal summers keeping me warm in this wintry weather. Chugging along and doing what I do best. Living forward.
I might be in pain, miserably uncomfortable at times, and frustrated with every day limitations, but I'm happy.
I'm still here. I am grateful for every morning. Every rotten day, every ray of sunshine.
I am still here.
That's the most important part.
and love. Can't forget the love....

xo
b

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

weird, i think i hit something wrong and my post didn't post. anyyyyway. boooooo puff!! (but yay you!) mine's a little puffy in the armpit permanently but the arm itself isn't bad. but yeah.. it won't ever be the same arm as it was, it's true. :-p i reached with my left hand and pulled the tendon underneath a little bit today in fact and put ice on it right away - the left side! :-ppppp

let's see... what else is going to happen... oh yeah, eventually i found it easiest to have my hand on my hip most of the time. cause if you just have your arm stuck out to the side your neck will start to feel it. lol. sort of lol that is... well, you know.... ;-)

love ya. thinking of you lots every day. xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

i have been to a massage therapist who does lymphatic drainage massage as one of her specialties and noticed a BIG improvement in my throat even after just one visit. had my 2nd appt tonight. i wonder if someone like that might be able to help you get on top of the swelling so that it might be easier to stay on top of it going forward. i wish i knew why i've been so lucky so far - i'd very happily share it with you, whatever it was! :-( xoxo

Pattie said...

I agree with the lymphatic drainage. Actually, massage in general will help. When you are able try myofacial release. It will keep the facial from adhering to the cells. This will keep your arm moving and not freeze.

Terra said...

Have you started or tried dry brushing? Use a brush with soft bristles (like a soft hair brush or tooth brush bristles). Bush upwards, starting at the feet working your way towards your heart (lymph drainage points are by your collar bone). You can use upward smooth long strokes or circular strokes. Be really gentle on sensitive, tender skin. Bush all surfaces - even the bottoms of your feets! Do this every day! It's literally like petting yourself like you would pet a dog or a cat!

Rebounding (bouncing on a little trampoline) is also really good to get the lymph moving. You don't have to jump like crazy, just bouncing a little so your heels don't even come off the tramp is good enough.

Post a Comment