Taxol #4 Today!
It was a trip again to Mount Holly with mom to Virtua for Taxol infusion #4.
It's been crowded lately with some waiting time.
My blood results once again was great, but Phyllis kind of lingered a little longer when doing an exam of the axilla lymph node- the big 'un I originally found that brought me to this moment.
I feel it inside sometimes, sometimes it has a very small ache to it. Phyllis said sometimes it's rub up against nerves and irritate it. Either way, feeling it I'll never like or get used to.
So said it didn't seem to change much size. Or 'get any bigger'. So I guess that's ok.
It was kind of a weird feeling to hear that though if she examined it for so long.
Hm.
No biggerness allowed.
And there was a guy doing his first time with colon cancer as well.
I seem to be the only one without a port , so I take my ativan, am prepped for the IV, and in comes a nurse tht hasn't stuck me yet. I've seen her, but among the 5 constant nurses I see, she hasn't stuck me yet. First vein. No hit.
She had to stick me 3 more times to finally get a vein in my hand. It was really painful. It still hurts now.
Mom the paramedic kept making faces as the nurse kept sticking me, and eventually was kneeling on the floor as my arm dangled over the edge so a vein could pop out, whacking me with her finger.
The nurse I think was pissed. I was embarrassed.
Eegads.
I guess I have to hydrate a little more before chemo. Bad me.
I keep getting less and less steroids every time, and that's good. I'm 1/3 of the way through.
2 hours in the room and I am now home, tired and ready for sleep.easing into achy legs for the evening and not a fan of Vicodin still.
Ready for work tomorrow and what the week will bring ahead.
I feel much better today- and I felt really good yesterday too to enjoy a Sunday with my family at the farmer's market, Target, Costco and BestBuy (for a new iPod since my little 2 year old terror decided to teach the iPod touch to swim when no one was looking), and we wound up at the Seaside boardwalk because Point Pleasant was just way too overpriced in parking and very crowded. Melody hadn't been on a boardwalk ride yet so we were excited to take her, and Azalea was super excited to ride rides with her little sister.
The kids had so much, we got really good dark chocolate at the Berkley Sweet shop - because eating dark chocolate is good for cancer patients I read- so I'm gonna run with that, thank you, and we just had a great time. My energy was great and kept up with me as long as I took it easy- I came home, I sat down, I crashed. The Vini Vidi Vice of chemo.
It felt nice to have normal visit me again.
Phyllis says that these days will be more frequent too as the original chemo regimen (the AC) leaves my body. it takes a while.
AWESOME!!!
I feel more of myself now than 4 days ago. Maybe it's the drugs or a more permanent veil lifting overall.....?
Still no surgery date.
I am also really having the urge to draw - I need to start on the album cover and artwork for the husband;s new CD- get the visual design part done - I'm psyched to churn out some organic lines. and color them in.
I need to get more wigs too. I'm getting used to the idea of having funky hair I can remove.
yay.
goodness is around.
enjoying every minute of it.
....go give someone a hug, people.......
love&light
xo
b

1 comment:
I love you Brianne! I so wish I lived closer and could come and help you. You are rocking this. You are my hero! Love, Eileen
Post a Comment