8.20.2012

Taxol5

DAY91




Back from such a great weekend at Bear's Picnic. A short weekend- but so totally awesome.

I am blessed for the wonderful extended family we have in the musical world that transcends state borders and facebook ---- We were helped out a lot by our friends who saved us a camping spot, made sure we knew where to go and allowed us a nice big shady area to hang ,  meet new folks and stay cool under. And hear soft acoustic music as well.It was such a great time and I don't have enough thank yous for everyone who we crossed paths with this weekend merrily.
Proof that music heals- Mark and I wound up front and center for the Mickey Hart Band saturday night and danced HARD. and Mark does not dance! My legs did not hurt nearly as bad and I got over the pain, was hurting by the end- but toughed it out throught the last song and needed to sit down for the encore-
Hell- I TRIED and did it. :) YAY!
His music of the universe is something to behold- I missed hearing music like that so much and it just filled the cup and it OVERFLOWED.
Simply amazing. Words cannot describe what original music like that sounds like... FEELS like is more like it.
We just are in awe of the music that finds itself before us that moves us, moves our hearts, and fills up an inside space akin to the heart. That was one of those moments in time and space where you could feel the music around you- pulling everyone together in unison like a collective float of stars in our own galaxy- each one, a cloud 9.
Crazy. It felt so healing.
If that doesn't work wonders for the cells, then prayer is a farce.
So I soaked that stuff UP.............
Mark's Juggling Suns Project really did it for me too, it's been such a long time hearing such familiar stuff, I was full of joy just soaking that in too.
I love my husband's music- and he played the song about Magnolia Road too. **tears**


The weekend just wiped me out though. Very tired. Lots of bone pain... If it is from the dancing- then good. It was well worked for. The pain is slowly getting more and more intense and sharp.

My sister and her husband and daughter are also up from North Carolina staying at my mom's house, so my sister was able to come with me to the chemo appointment today in Mount Holly. It was great. We shared the room with the Cheetos lady, the Vietnam Vet from a few weeks ago, and an 89 year old vet with lymphoma- who was in WWII, Korea and Vietnam as well. The 2 vets had the same cancers and would put money on that being the reason for their affliction (Agent Orange). The 89 year old guy also was getting the red chemo I was getting at first. Oof that stuff will knock you out.

A little trouble again getting a vein despite being really hydrated, I just hate when the nurse wiggles that giant needle around to get some blood to draw and get that iv tube in there....- UGH.
We got it on the first shot and rolled from there- It was a quiet day in the chemo room. I'm really glad my sister came out too.
Chemo went alright- Britt got to enjoy a drive through the Pine Barrens and see a NJ that doesn't get props very much for its great soil, blueberries and satanic children that jump up chimneys after birth.

I am home now and really very tired. My bloodwork was ok- my WBC and hemoglobin counts keep slowly down- but not to dangerous levels.
I question if I'll have the energy to keep it up again this week.... I hope I do, but the well to draw it all from is drying up.
I do feel pretty great though- my legs just don't like to feel good. and sometimes their friends shoulders, fingers and elbows join them.

Hitting a wall and getting dizzy as I type this..... Need to lie down and rest. for real.





No comments:

Post a Comment