DAY106
Tomorrow is the first day of school for the Miss Azalea Vesta Clover. She starts 5th grade.
I still have to write that note to the teacher explaining this all over again. She probably knows already though. It's a small school and even smaller town.
So I get to have that last "First day of school on the bus" day. Ever. Next year is middle school and Mark & I being present won't be so cool anymore. Plus the middle school is like, 5 blocks away so there won't be a bus.
My kids are growing up so fast.
*sigh*
Monday was my birthday- a chemo eve to remember- Mark was playing the Evolve festival- a 4 day festival of music and healing arts and art and all that good stuff.I found myself dancing my ass off in an open field in the dark- loving the freedom my legs were giving me at that moment.
I came across a woman selling her healing bars. After talking with her a bit- it was pretty apparent I had found a kindred soul- I talked about my cancer and mentioned how my breast tumor was shrinking- but my lymph nodes (Armpit Shitshow) were large and in charge and din't like losing weight.
She proceeded to spend some time focusing on my lymph nodes. I offered it up for laying on of hands, and it both brought us to tears as she worked on it, I could feel so much going through me- throughout the palms of my hands, my feet. It was intense.Gratitude.
Afterward, I learned her name was Gemma- funny since I have never met anyone with that name- and it's also Mark's mom's name.I am grateful for meeting her, and her gift to me.
The next morning I went to Virtua for the Taxol #7 and upon examination - Phyllis said the armpit shitshow felt different. Not smaller- just ...flatter.
Another healer encountered, more progress.
That was the first time I had heard anything changing in the Armpit Shitshow.
I feel good.
The bone pain is getting longer in it's stops- which has me with no other option but to just plain lie down. There is no pain releiver that takes this away.
And if you want to imagine bone pain- it's exactly like a toothache. Just in your bones and you never know where it's gonna show up next. Like Whack a Mole.
And it freakin' HURTS.
Hands and feet are turning up the burning tingle every day. I can't be doing all that intricate hand stuff at work anymore because I need to conserve my nails.
and hand nerves.
I expect to feel ok, and I have bad days. I feel good too. You just can't gauge any one day from the next - but they are for the most part- bearable. Which is good.
And I find myself positive here- but I do have to rant on something for a little bit-
I am so grateful to anyone and their good intentions- but telling anyone their cancer is their fault is rude and offensive, And I'm not easily offended.
I like to hear everyone's take on things- but flat out telling me that something I did, or didn't do enough of (because these people just know me so well) caused my cancer- really hurts. worse than bone pain.
It's anti-support. Breast cancer has no known cause. So please leave your armchair education and food meme knowledge for the birds. Cause that's what it's for. I appreciate the concern- but the delivery is wrong. Unless you have had it yourself, there is no room for comment on others' choice of paths who know cancer.
......
love each other gently. :)
xo
b
5 comments:
Dont let anyone bring in that negativity, but I can see you have it covered. Happy Birthday honey, and keep hanging in. You are an inspiration!
my heart sings as i read this. :) <3
and i know juuuuust what you mean about the delivery. and it does hurt. all i can think is that i hope they themselves never have to hear and feel that...
xoxoxxo you're doing awesome! you ROCK!!!
You continue to inspire and amaze me. Sending you loads of love....XO
You are amazing. So happy you met Gemma the healer :) Sending you love....
awww Brianne, I'm so sorry that someone would be that cruel to you. Please take it with a grain of salt and try to keep smiling. You are a wonderful person and go through life like the rest of us doing the best that you can.
We are coming East in October. Hope to see you then and maybe give you some good vibes to help along that armpit sideshow!!!!!
Love you!
Pattie
Post a Comment