5.14.2012

Radioactive day!

in a few minutes I need to chug this Barium stuff for my cat scan- then head to Mount Holly on a solo drive for about 4 hours of scans today.
At least the barium stuff smells like an Orange Julius. I'm not allowed any food or drink since 10:30. No chaser for this wonderful cocktail. I remember Mark had to drink that stuff something and he wound up throwing up in the driveway and the stain didn't go away for a few months. EEK.

I wrote Azie's teacher a letter today for her to be prepared for an emotional kid, as well as setting a plan in life where if that energy sucking garbage and people enter my fighting ring, they're going to be asked to leave.
Right now I'm staring something in the face that is a complete unknown. I don't need any more cancers in my ring. Period.
Setting up the psychic battlefield on all fronts, call me Patton.

(Thanks Nancy for the suggestion, you rule lady).....!


On a side note- I hope to one day make a suggestion to the fine company who makes mammography film envelopes. Please make them pretty..... Putting in large words "MAMMOGRAPHY FILMS" on one side is ok, but I could do without the giant diagrams of huge boobs on the other side. Carrying these into a doctors waiting room is a little unnerving. The nipple on the envelope was poking out of my bag at the oncologists waiting room and I actually had to tug the side of the bag up to cover the ladies. lol. Bad design, mammo envelope makers. Bad design.

I'm off to Mount Holly.
 

I'll come out of this with a full bone scan of my entire skeleton. Which I think is pretty cool. It's an image I'm looking forward to seeing........


::::
more to add today::
It was a nice day on Route 38-
Had my scans done....
I have to hand it to the nurse who took the time to talk to me about what I was feeling at the moment. It's been crazy since I found out having do these test and dr. visits on my own -Finally my mom came home from NC today - which is a huge help.
Mark can finally start coming with me to these things...
Everyone asks the standard question of "why are you here" when theres an Xray or test and saying "breast cancer" as an answer usually doesn't get a reaction.

Someone that asks, and works in the medical field and dealing with your stuff is such a comfort just talking about it. Even for 5 minutes. This nurse listened to me and was just great... She assured me too that Dr. Miller and Dr. Cairoli are the best.
After my last test, I walked out of the office into the medical park and found a Red Tail hawk injured with a squirrel dinner under his talons- I guess he hurt himself catching it.
Animals like that - and when I see them for me, are signs. Native Americans believe that when an animal keeps appearing, it is a totem and a message. Red Tail Hawks are messengers to tell us of our higher power, untapped divinity and perseverance to get through the tough.
I don't like that he/she was injured in this appearance...so I'll take it as a good sign to keep it up and keep going~*
Radioactivity more on wednesday..... Glow in the dark time!
(pictures to be added later since this blogger stuff is being finicky tonight)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay to no more solo visits!!! i'm so happy about that!

i'm glad you found a nice nurse who took some time to listen. it must be a hard profession, but it's not easy being the patient either, as we know. don't be afraid to say "I JUST NEED 5 #$%^&%@* MINUTES!!!" either though. like many of us, they do their jobs on 'autopilot' day in day out, but are more than willing to give the human touch and support that likely made them choose a nursing career in the first place.

love the interpretation of the hawk, too. that sounds just about right, to me. down, and out, are two completely different things. :)

onward, patton!! love to you!! <3 nkind.

Post a Comment