10.07.2012

pretty pink lights.


DAY138

Feelin' mighty awesome today inside. Got a really nice visit from our Colorado family Bob and Pattie last night- they brought cookies.
I managed to repay the kindess by getting up and out early and getting them the good donuts you have to drive a half hour for. They deserved it :)

Yesterday I found myself having to go for a blood test since I missed the lab Friday.
I had a woman take my blood who I saw a few weeks ago- she was asking me about Virtua and Fox Chase and me having to drive 50 miles out of my way for my treatments- to which I attested that I would absolutely not stay local and my decision sits well with me.
She took my blood again yesterday and she whispered to me that she just found out she had liver cancer.

another one?

This girl was easily younger than me- at least 25 but not older than 30 at all. She was talking low since her work didn't know yet. Crap.
There are too many young people getting cancer.

I told her to do what she feels best and go with her gut. She didn't know what to do between Sloan Kettering and Fox Chase.
Or stay local.
I hope she's all right. I left there really upset for her that she has to go through this shit.
Doesn't matter where your tumors decide to set up shop or what color the ribbon is- it all sucks.

and despite the ribbon being pink- it still has such a nice comforting feel to it when you see it.

a cute pink ribbon.and pretty.

Above is my video of the newscaster last night commenting on how pretty the George Washington Bridge looked all lit up in pink.
and that is why we need to stop pinkwashing this disease.
Cure all cancer.
and none of it is pretty.


at all.


xo









(go yankees)










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'll put her in my thoughts, how sad. can you tell me her first name?

but YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!! your LAST chemo, hooray hooray!!!! i imagine some days you'd never thought it would get here but it IS!!! yayyy!!! round one of this whole entire battle is DONE!!! OVER!! time to recover and move on to round two. i know, i know, we wish it was all done. but that is oooookay. that is alllll riiight. you're rockin' it. you're doing it. every damned day. you're amazing. SOOO strong. you are going to kick round two's everlovin' arse even harder than you did round one's. go you!! woooooooooot!!!!!!! love love love love love love love xoxoxoxoxo <3 <3 <3 {{{{{ }}}}}

brianne diomede said...

you rock yourself, lady <3 you helped me so much through this ~ thank you ~ xo

Post a Comment