10.09.2012

DAY140. DONE.


DAY140
LAST DAY OF CHEMO.

Whoa boy.
I made it.
I AM ALL DONE.

Got a vein the first time- even some more tumor shrinkage in the breast tumor.
Mark and Azalea came with me and Beth came to see me too. It was a light day in the chemo room- all breast cancer cases- all 3 of us.
The woman across from me had the same surgeon, plastic surgeon and surgery I'll be having- and praised their work. She called them artists.
Cemented that just then right for me.
No more being scared of surgery.
Done with chemo- and 4 weeks till the Shitshow says a hearty good bye.
The other lady was on her third go around of breast cancer- she brought her husband who was a huge fan of Ted Nugent. It was a great and small last chemo visit- good conversation and hugs.

Bonnie had her chemo the day before and left me a really nice card and a pair of earrings. It was really sweet of her to do that. I got hugs from all the nurses on my way out, the receptionist and I even ambushed my oncologist.
Just one more subsequent week of crappy side effects- and then I slowly get better.
the bone pain has come back in full force, but it's looking like the hurricane spared my toenails and fingernails for the most part. hooray.
Neuropathy is a new friend....

Done with chemo- onward to surgery-here we go.
1 more crappy week.

I also got an appointment to meet with my radiation oncologist close to home here- I got the same guy my dad had- and the appointment is on his birthday.
I'll be doing the rads close to home here in Toms River- so an end in sight is due for all this driving.

go yankees.

No comments:

Post a Comment