Merry Christmas to you and yours.....
It was quite the miraculous month here at the Diomede house- I got to go home, we were able to be parts of Christmas givings, the beaches are opening back up since Sandy, and it's almost 2013.
While facebook lovingly pesters me to take a look at my personal 2012 year in review- I politely decline.
No thanks.
I have seen enough.
and more to go.
But really- what a month.
Those victims in Newtown are still heavily on my mind. I remember when my kid was 6. I cannot imagine. I see toys, little children, hurting for the holiday without a child and don't know how the parents are holding it together. My joy comes from how happy my kids are. That is silent in some homes today.
Our family heard of the 26 acts in memory of the fallen adults and children in that school- so we did em. and have no plan on stopping either. We will do them again. and again. Our gifts are all anonymous. They are small, but every one is done in honor of a school teacher or child. We do 2 additional ones too because Nancy and Adam were someone's children too. tortured or irresponsible- who cares. we are all human family. even the troubled and mentally ill ones.
Azalea loved it.
My in laws are in Connecticut, about 20 minutes from Newtown, so we paid the tolls of everyone behind us on the way up..... silently praying at Exit 10 for Sandy Hook as we passed it.
Now I am not one for broadcasting my personal finances. ever.
But I'm sure one would realize that even with health insurance, there are still big expenses cancer creates- and cancer combined with a last minute hurricane really took a big bite out of our already small bank account. In a phone call to my sister one morning after surgery- I started to get upset that my kids wouldn't have much for Christmas- would we be scraping by. I cried and expressed to her my worries and what happened after - thanks to my sister- was a true miracle. I wouldn't tell anyone else that.
Soon, we started to receive gifts from everywhere. Stuff came in that helped my kids have the best Christmas and saved us so much stress- I cannot even begin to thanks everyone and all the anonymous people who helped us this year. A big thanks to the collective Santa.
I am beyond words.
It is humbling.
You want so bad to thank everyone- but there are no words. So I just throw it out in to the Universe- so much thanks.
My kids would not have had much of a Christmas this year if it wasn't for those magic elves, my sister and secret santas~I even witnessed another family getting this same treatment and I lost it with the beautfy of it all. If I could make a career our of anonymously gifting people things that make them smile, shit- I'd be a CEO in a month. I love this. LOVE IT.
Pay it forward is the law of the land. You can bet your butt that it is now the law of our land here.
My new goal in life from here on out is to live that way.
I don't need any cookie cutter affirmation or a 12 step book to tell me what is inside me- I know what it is, I just gotta not be afraid to let it shine.
I'd like for the grinches and grumps and indifferents to answer me the question of what comfort is found in being a grump? Try not to! Don't be a Mr. Potter!
we need to just stop the bullshit and start living love. Call me a hippie, fruitcake, idiot or dreamer... I am not the only one.
Really- can we all just go on from here speaking with nothing but love for people- even behind their backs?
Can we look at people and see everyone's struggles for a change? Because everyone has one, Believe it or not.
Can we honor those struggles by helping if we can? Or simply being kind? Or best of all- speaking with respect.
If we could all maybe - even for just one week- try to speak with nothing but goodness and positivity,especially in the directions of even the crustiest people.
I would suggest you try it with me if you can.....
I am forever a changed person because of cancer, yes- but even more so after this holiday season between the extreme good and the extreme bad. I am so very lucky to say I am now cancer free.
I will make sure to practice what I preach- but hell- if doing this makes you roll your eyes, then I feel so terrible for you that doing good is so beneath you or not cool enough. I hope you live the rest of your days well at least.
I can't honor the blessing of life just walking around with a cloud over my head. wtf fun is that?
love each other.
merry christmas.....
No comments:
Post a Comment